• Home
  • Archive
  • Links
  • Labels
  • Email me

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Schedules!

I had an appointment with my advisor this morning to set up my schedule. I'd planned on getting up around 8 (the appt was at 9:30a) so I could wash my hair, get pretty, etc. It takes about 25 minutes to get to the school from my house. Well.....that didn't exactly happen.

My alarm either didn't go off or I didn't hear it because I woke up on my own at 9:05a!!!! I was already stressed and kind of ticked off. I threw on clothes (thank goodness I took a bath the night before!), ran the toothbrush w/toothpaste over my teeth for about 30 secs (2 minutes be damned when you're in a hurry! Sorry teeth!), grabbed my info and drove like a bat out of hell to the school! I arrived about 4 minutes late and she'd already taken another student back to get her schedule. How I managed to make it to the school in 15-18 minutes without getting a ticket, I'll never know but forever be grateful for!

Anyway, I got back there and explained the situation. The advisor was very nice about it and our meeting was finished within 5-10 minutes. I received the schedule that I wanted (yay!) and now I'm signed up for classes. I have Monday's off the first 5 weeks of classes and starting in September I'll have Fridays off when we start our Med/Surg courses and clinicals. I can't wait! I've already bought a pair of shoes (I'll post a link at the bottom) and I love them! They aren't very pretty, but they feel absolutely amazing on my feet! I tried the NurseMate's as well (one Landau on one foot and a NurseMate on the other lol) while walking around the store, but my feet fell in love with the Landau. I think I'm going this weekend to look into buying a stethoscope, penlight, and rolling backpack.
I wish all of you who are waiting to get into nursing school luck! I'll be posting more of my journey, don't worry. I've just been bogged down with summer classes. I have a few Micro study notes that I plan to post when I get around to it. Talk to you soon!

Landau Comfort Shoes (AMAZING!)

No comments: